AEA Philadelphia is located in the heart of Philadelphia’s historic district. Our classes and activities teach students the English skills they need for future university study or jobs.
- Intensive English Program
- Intensive English Part Time
- Foundations of English Program
- Special Programs — English for Professionals
- Special Programs — Academic Test Preparation
The city of Philadelphia was the first capital of the United States, so every American child studies about the city’s famous sites. Our school is located directly next to Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell, places that thousands of American and international tourists visit every year. In addition, Philadelphia is the 5th largest city in the U.S., so people from many cultures and backgrounds live here. When students study in Philadelphia, they can experience the real diversity of the United States.
- Less than two hours by train to New York City and Washington, D.C.
- Only two hours to the Atlantic Ocean beaches or the Pocono Mountains
Pennsylvania has the advantage of experiencing all four seasons, which means that students can enjoy weather that they may have never experienced. Winters are typically mild with an average temperature of 41°F (5°C) and average snowfall of19.3 in (49.0 cm).. Spring brings beautiful flowers and an average temperature of 73°F.( 23°C ) . In summer the temperatures are around 86°F (30°C). In the autumn all of the trees change color, and the temperatures change to 66°F (19°C).
Housing Options are described in the HOUSING section. Please refer to this section for details.
AEA Philadelphia staff organizes social and cultural activities which take advantage of the Philadelphia area’s many attractions. Many activities are free or have only a small fee. Trips may include:
- Beaches along the Atlantic Coast
- Snowtubing in the mountains
- Trips to Washington D.C. or New York City
- Historical sites or museums
- Professional sports events
- Seasonal parades and festivals
- Shopping in outlet malls
- Amusement parks
I want more information