Taken from: https://www.denverlanguageschool.org
Language and communication are at the heart of the human experience. Colorado must educate students who are equipped linguistically and culturally to communicate successfully in a multicultural American society and abroad. Therefore, it is necessary for the United States and the State of Colorado to provide educational opportunities for all students from pre-school through university level to develop and maintain proficiency in English and in at least one or more other modern or classical languages.
Competence in more than one language and its cultures enables people to communicate with those of other cultures in a variety of settings and develop insight.
Language immersion provides a host of educational benefits for your child:
- Immersion is the most effective method of language instruction in the U.S.—and the fastest growing.
- Having a second language increases a child’s skills in abstract reasoning, listening and problem-solving, allowing them to excel in other subjects. In fact, studies show that immersion students outperform their non-immersion peers in math and English standardized subtests by fifth grade.
- Students who have high levels of proficiency in two or more languages score better on tests like the SAT, giving them an edge in college applications.
And important benefits for your child later in life:
- Being bilingual opens doors to a world of important and higher-paying career opportunities in a global workforce.
- Immersion education expands cultural awareness and understanding, and creates empathetic and knowledgeable world citizens.
- 4 out of 5 new jobs in Colorado are directly related to international trade.